Subject: FW: Streamlining Payment Processes for Estonian Exporters
From: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
To: "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2025 15:01:53 +0300

From: Romanova, Alexandra <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Thursday, June 5, 2025 8:27 PM
To: Sandra Särav - MKM <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Streamlining Payment Processes for Estonian Exporters

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sandra,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Alexandra Romanova, and I am leading Visa Government Solutions
<https://corporate.visa.com/en/audiences/government.html>  for Baltic
markets.

My colleague Juris Paegle from Visa's Riga office recommended me to reach
out to you with the next opportunity.

At Visa, we are committed to developing innovative payment solutions.
Today I'd like to talk about small businesses as exporters.

Over half of small businesses in Estonia export their products, one of the
highest rates in Europe. However, many face the challenge of late payments
from clients, with nearly 60% of small Estonian businesses reporting this
as an issue. Days Sales Outstanding for exporters can exceed 30, 60, or
even 90 days, starving them of working capital and hindering business
growth in Estonia.

The root cause often lies in traditional global payment processes, which
can be inefficient and costly while offering limited credit solutions.
Additionally, accessing external financing for working capital remains a
challenge for approximately 70% of small businesses in Estonia.

To address these issues, we would like to show you how a custom-built
payment platform can expedite payments from international buyers to
Estonian exporters. Exporters can receive immediate payments without
affecting the working capital of their customers, who could benefit from
the convenience of pre-populated invoicing and easy payment through email
link. All powered by Visa cards.

We've already implemented this solution with the trade promotion agency of
South Korea. The Global Trade Payment Platform (GTPP) has reduced Days
Sales Outstanding for exporters by over 30 days, with 74% of Korean
sellers recommending the platform to their overseas buyers. See an
overview  <https://www.kotra.or.kr/english/subList/41000046007> here.

We are eager to explore the opportunity to develop a similar tailored
solution for Estonian businesses and support your goals for economic
growth. Could we arrange a time to discuss this further?

Thank you for considering this initiative. I look forward to the
possibility of collaborating to empower Estonian exporters.

Best Regards,

Alexandra  Romanova

VGS Baltics Lead

Strategic Initiatives Lead

Visa Government Solutions Europe

London, UK

+44 7483 309508

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

The information contained in this transmission (including any attachments)
is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please erase all copies of this message and its attachments and notify me
immediately.